Wednesday, October 6, 2010

TEA TREE OIL

I had been having problems with my skin lately (actually for awhile), and the lady at the spa doing my facial a couple months ago had told me I should go and see a dermatologist about Cystic Acne, because she thought that's what was causing all the problems on my face.  I did some research to find out what it was all about, and its not pretty.  I'm pretty sure she was bang on, because it looked like the pictures, and it was very painful!  Now one of the things that sucks about it, is the bacteria spreads and can cause more breakouts.  I wasn't sure my cleanser was doing a good enough job of disinfecting my face so I thought I'd use a cotton pad and put some Tea Tree Oil on it. Tea tree oil contains consituents called terpenoids, which have been found to have antiseptic and antifungal activity. The result on the cotton pad is not pretty!  I couldn't believe the stuff (dirt and grime) that actually came off my face!!  Here I thought my skin was clean, and it really wasn't. 


I've been rubbing the Tea Tree Oil on my face twice daily and I have to say, all the breakouts along my jaw line are just about cleared up!  I'm pretty excited about this because for the first time in my life, I have flawless skin that I don't need to cover up with makeup.  That's part of the other reason I haven't done any makeup posts lately.  I figured I'd get my skin all fixed up before I started putting anything on it!  Anyways, if you know anyone who's suffering from acne... tell them to try this!  I've tried it before and its worked, and its just proving it again!!  The only downfall to this is.... it smells disgusting.  I'm not a huge fan of the whole "medicinal" scent, but who knows, different strokes for different folks!

3 comments:

Bri said...

Isn't it scary when you swipe a cotton pad over your face when you've already washed it and still find they get like this?! I just like the smell of tea tree....

SleepandMakeup said...

I have been searching for tee tree oil around my area. I will be looking around more. Can't wait to try it!

All Made Up said...

This is such an awesome post! I've been suffering with horrible spots all around my chin and jawline for ages so I finally decided to go and see my doctor cos nothing I'd tried made any difference at all!

He recommended a gel called Duac (I actually posted about it a couple of days ago!) so I'm hoping that'll help but I think I will give the Tea Tree a go to - Every little helps! :)

http://mytopbeautybuys.blogspot.com/