Sunday, January 31, 2010

WINTER FEET


So my mom called me about a week ago frantically and wanted to know if I had a quick fix for her cracking feet. Hers are to the point where they crack and bleed, and she has a hard time walking on them. So here I was thinking I'm sooo glad I don't have feet like that! Little did I realize that I've been neglecting mine! I was mortified at the condition they were in! The sad thing is, I was just for a pedicure a couple of weeks ago. So either, I have gross feet, or they didn't do a very good job where I went! (I'm thinking that I should blame someone else for this one)

Haha... I knew you all wanted to see my scaly dragon feet so here they are! GROSS HEY!?!? I figured I'm going to try different things. I blended some coconut oil, sweet almond oil, and grapeseed oil into a lotion (that smells so good, I'm tempted to lick it out of the container) And I'm going to try just regular lotion, Nivea something... And see what works the best. I'm also going to use a homemade scrub on my feet everyday for some exfoliation and see if that helps. In a week I'll re post and see if its made a difference, and which foot has improved the most.
The lotion I made (more like a body butter) was so easy to make. I melted coconut oil (because its obviously hard) added sweet almond oil, and a little bit of grapeseed oil. I used an electric stick blender and blended the crap out of the products, poured them into a container and put in the refrigerator to harden. I actually leave it in there so it stays solid. Now the cool thing about this is, it melts into an oil when applied to the skin! Its like magic! I just put it on cause it feels neat. I've even got obsessed with putting it on my face (before I touch my feet of course). It makes my skin feel so soft and hydrated! My face did start to break out a bit. I have no idea if this was the cause, so I might have to test it out again, because It made my makeup just glide on my face! I think I should actually go put a mask on (I'm going to do the Baking Soda Mask, from an earlier post) And then get ready! I hope you all have a wonderful day! If you've tried any of my masks or anything I'd appreciate the feedback on how its working in your beauty routine!

No comments: