Tuesday, January 19, 2010


Okay, so today I'm so excited about all the stuff I'm trying I have to indulge and make two posts...

The number one champion today is "BAKING SODA"....

I'm sure most of you have had your parents brush your teeth with it (YUCK!!). But today is the re-invention of this useful little product! Its time to make it a staple in any beauty routine!

Most of us suffer from break outs once in awhile and wonder just how to get that "Movie Star" quality skin. I mean, who wouldn't wish for skin that was just a little bit tighter, a little bit smoother, and a little bit brighter? All you need to do is add a little baking Soda!

Here is the recipe:

2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp water

Mix into a paste, and apply the entire mixture to clean skin. You might feel a slight to moderate stinging (this is normal) depending on the sensitivity of your skin. I feel it in the corners of my nose most (which doesn't surprise me, because every time I go for a facial, they tell me that's the biggest problem on my face)... moving on. Put a towel under your head, and lay down with the mask on for 10 mins (it can make a bit of a mess when it dries) After your 10 mins, wash off with lukewarm water. I always stand in the mirror and smile and watch as it cracks and starts to flake off (its my quirky little habit) and it just amuses me! If you plan on doing this, make sure to stand over the sink, otherwise you're going to be doing some housework, and that doesn't sound like much fun to me! Pat dry, and follow with your favorite moisturizer!



Make sure you use this every other day and enjoy a new product that's quick, simple and most of all "Cost Effective"! (I see your husbands, boyfriends, and bank accounts smiling already!

*On another note, if you feel an intense burning while doing this, make sure you wash it off immediately*

Oh and PPS... Seeing as how you have to leave it on for 10 mins, You might want to check out my previous post, and kill two birds with one stone!

No comments: