Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Brand New Me

This year I didn't make any New Years resolutions because I never stick to them anyways. About a week ago I finally decided that it was time to lose some weight! Now I know sometimes we all struggle with this (especially me), diets never seem to work, and we get frustrated eating cabbage soup, or celery sticks for a complete month and then give up. The key to losing weight and keeping it of is not to deprive yourself, but to eat with moderation in mind.

Most of you who know me know I spend an infinite amount of time in camp having someone else do all of my cooking. Most of these people are lazy and think that even the lettuce should be deep fried. Its so much easier to have the chicken wings, and hot dogs, and fries rather than salad, but its taken its toll.

I'm ready to get healthy, and I figure the best way to do that is to make sure that I'm not alone in doing it. I started entering my meals into www.myfitnesspal.com and its coming along great! (Thanks to my wonderful sister-in-law for sharing this with me) Its so much easier to know what kind of calories, fat and carbohydrates your consuming rather than guessing at the nutritional value of what your eating. So far this week, I've lost about 5 lbs, and I'm super excited! Its the motivation to keep me going! Now the goal is to just change your lifestyle and become more health conscious. This website has places where you can discuss your struggles with others, find recipes that are healthy alternatives, and tools to help you track your journey. I thought that I would share this with all of you so that you can either use it to help you get to your ideal weight, or to just help yourself become healthier (because isn't that what we all want?)

If you've been putting off doing it, lets do this together and support each other in reaching our goals! Because sometimes its easier to have an "accountability partner" rather than trying to do it yourself!

No comments: