Monday, December 6, 2010

Tickle me Purple

Hello lovelies!  I hope you all had a fantastic weekend!  Only a couple and a half more weeks until Christmas, and I must say, I am thrilled!  I can't wait to go spend some quality time with my family (especially my niece, because she's just so darn cute!)

Today I decided I was going to do my makeup with pinks and purples until I knocked my pink eyeshadow under the bed (as far back as it could possibly go).  Then I switched to plan 'B'... all purple!  A couple posts ago I mentioned how much Brown eyeshadow I currently had lurking about in my makeup box but I didn't realize I had so many purples!  The weird thing is,... it just so happens that right now I could care less about brown and purples because I'm obsessed with the blues and the greens at the moment!  A girl can never win!  Anyways.... I thought I would do a makeup tutorial today until I realized how terrible all the pictures turned out, so I scrapped that idea!  All in all, I think my eyeshadow turned out pretty good!  I think a hint of pink would have been kinda nice in it too, but what can you do?!  I suppose once I decide to haul everything out from underneath my bed we will be able to play with this look again.  And mom, if your reading this, No, I don't still shove everything underneath my bed in hopes of making my room look clean!!  Its all rubber maid tubs (organized ones at that) and suitcases all stacked in an orderly fashion! 

To achieve this look I started out by using NARS Primer on my lids, because I actually remembered I had it and was able to find it burried under the mounds of makeup I currently have piled in one teeny tiny box.  For eyeshadow I used MAC in Crem de Violet (for all over), Purple Haze & Knight (blended together for the crease), and Gesso (for highlighting).  And I can't remember which I blended together to line the bottoms, but I know I blended one of the colors with Knight to make a plum color.  I used NYX Felt tipped liner for the liner (obviously) and then loads and loads of mascara, because if you haven't already noticed.... I have a thing for eyelashes.

I also decided that today was a sweater kind of day!  For some reason when I wear a sweater I all of a sudden get tired of having straight hair (weird... yes I know), so I heated up the curling iron and threw some curls in it..  Much to my dismay I remembered giving away my FAVORITE hairspray while I was in Cuba (and never did go by more)!  Damn impulsiveness!  Actually, I'm glad I could give something I love so much to somebody who probably wouldn't ever go spend $20, of their hard earned money, on a beauty product!  Anyways, I'm stubborn and these darn curls are going to last me all day regardless if I have hairspray or not!  Thank goodness for my almost chaotic backcombing skills!  I really think I should have been older than 5 in the 80's!  Because when it comes to hair... bigger is better! Actually, who am I kidding?!?!?  When it comes to anything.... bigger is ALWAYS better.... !!  With the exception of my ass and size 10 flipper feet!

Have a great one lovelies!

5 comments:

Bri said...

A great look, but that seems to be every look you try. You really are that good....

Unknown said...

I love your purple eyes! You don't need any pink in there...I think purple eyeshadow looks good on everyone!

Unknown said...

Hi, I wasn't sure where i should post lol but I wanted to say thanks for the prize I love love love the eyeliner and lotion and can't wait to try the rest hug and kisses thanks again

Cat said...

Love your purple eyes...they look huge and beautiful :)

nicoletta said...

Ha great post hun, you look beautiful, you seem to suit every colour going.
Hope the stsy shop is going well. Wish you lived in the UK so i could try some stuff x