Saturday, December 4, 2010

Eye spy with my little eye, something that is BLUE

I was feeling creative yesterday when I decided to do this look.  Now we all know I'm coming out from underneath my little rock and trying new things in the makeup department.  (It sure helps when you went on a huge makeup shopping spree recently)  Now I'm sure my makeup collection doesn't rival a lot of peoples, but I do know it is a heck of a lot more extensive than some people!  My mother always makes fun of me and ask how I turned out to be such a girl, because she doesn't care about makeup or hair or going to the spa or getting her nails done.  I don't know!  I just don't know how you could live without these things, or how you couldn't love feeling good about yourself, because I feel great when I spend a little extra time on "ME". .  I mean my mom is pretty as she is so she really doesn't need to wear makeup, but even a little swipe of mascara can make all the difference in how you feel about yourself.

My eyeshadow today had mixed reactions!  The cooks loved it, a couple of guys thought it was great, and a couple of the guys hated it!  Actually, the old feller that called me a "hooker" for wearing red lipstick a few days ago was the only one who hated it!  Apparently his opinion is, that women look better "natural".  I think that's boring and a load of crap!  But then again, that's my opinion.

I really liked this!  I kept going to the mirror to look at it during the rest of the day!  The pictures I don't think do it justice, but it was the best I could do in the lighting I had! 

 I started out using MAC in Freshwater all over the lid.  Next I used MAC in Gesso for highlighting and to line the lower lids, and I used MAC in Knight in the creases of my lids.  Finally I used the Gesso to highlight the brow bone and tie everything together.  I'd say this is more of a dramatic look that I would probably use it more at night rather than for a daytime look, but I really liked it!  For once in my life I didn't have blue eyes!  This combination actually made it look like my eyes were green, which is strange actually, because normally the first thing people comment on is my blue eyes! (Which obviously you all think I'm crazy for stating... lets just say that the green didn't show up in the pictures, but in natural light they changed from blue to green)    I will be using this combination again but I think I just might save it for a night out with the girls, or for something a little more dressy-up-ish.

I hope everyone is having a fantastic start to their weekend!  Enjoy it, because we all know Monday comes WAY WAY to fast!

2 comments:

Sara said...

OMG! LOVE this look :) the blue looks so hot on you. You look stunning ^ ^

Unknown said...

I love the blue...it's great because it's a bit silvery too.