Sunday, December 19, 2010

Champagne & Sugar and a little more...

I've been busy busy busy making up some lotion for something to do lately.  I had some requests for some so I whipped up about 6 different kinds the other day.  They were:

*Champagne & Sugar
*Blowing Bubbles
*Cranberry & Cherry Blossom
*Plumberry Spice
*Juicy Grape
*Spiced Plumberry & Grape

I used  a variety of oils to make these lotions!  With the weather being pretty dry up here I made something that would be extra nourishing for the winter months.  I used:

Sweet Almond Oil: Is believed to improve the complexion and add a glow to dull skin.  It can help with soothing itching and inflamed skin.  This is one of my favorite oils!  I think I use it in EVERYTHING!!

Apricot Kernel Oil:  Works miracles in nourishing the skin.  Can be used for sensitive skin.  High in vitamin A & E.  Doesn't leave a greasy feeling on your skin.  Also helps achieve that soft smooth texture to your skin.

Aloe Extract: Used to sooth and help heal skin from cuts and bruises and irritation.  It also has moisturizing properties that help reduce the appearance of stretch marks and wrinkles.

Macadamia Oil:  Can be used for all skin types, especially mature.  Tones aged or dry skin.  Softens and heals the skin.  It also penetrates the skin quickly leaving less of a greasy feeling.

Avocado Oil: Helps increase the amount of collagen in the skin (which diminishes as we age)  It helps reduce age spots, scars, and sun damage.  It penetrates deep into the skin which helps with the hydration of your skin.  It is also known to help with eczema and psoriasis.

I used tea to color these lotions. A combination of Lemon and Chamomile was put in a tea bag, then I soaked it until I got the color I desired. I'm extremely happy with the way they turned out! Tea makes a great "natural" colorant, plus it also contains other great things for your skin. I took some pictures of the process, so you could see how things are made!



The oils and wax measured out



The tea mixture added to the oils



After heating the product it turns into a milky looking mixture



Emulsifying the mixture



High Temperatures of the emulsified mixture



Pouring the lotion into containers while it is still in the liquid form



Takes about 20-30 mins for the lotion to cool and set




The Finished Product!!! (Also my very favorite scent!!) Available in my Etsy shop!


Another great scent!  Goes well with the Cranberry & Cherry Blossom Bath Bombs that are available in my Etsy Shop!
 These make wonderful gifts for those you love!  I hope you all had a lovely weekend thus far!  And for those of you heading home or somewhere special for the holidays, Save travels!

3 comments:

Sara said...

I love the packaging and the moisturizing lotion is tempting me a lot ^ ^. Great job!

Unknown said...

These all sound delicious! I love that you coloured them with tea!

Hi! I am LiLi! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.