Saturday, February 6, 2010

Melt & Pour Soap


Today I was feeling a little crafty, and I figured it would be a good day for soap! Now I know I cheated using the melt and pour method, but its all I have out here!

First step was to melt the melt & pour (I used Avocado and Cucumber Glycerin, from Michael's) I added some coconut oil
(just because I love the smell of it) and melted it in a double boiler (bowl placed on top of a pot of boiling water)Next I added some Vanilla Pure Essential oil with a dropper, I used about half a dropper full because I love the smell of Vanilla and I don't think you could ever go with too much!

I stirred that in and then added some yellow dye. I figured it would just give it a softer color rather than white, and then I threw in just over a Tbsp. of blueberry seeds (for exfoliation) I poured it into the molds, and then placed it in the refrigerator (because it hardens quicker and I'm impatient!!)

Once the soap had hardened (about 25 mins) I took them out of the molds, and then wrapped them up in some wax paper and gave them away! I hope everyone loves them as much as I do!

This was probably the easiest thing I've ever done, and now I know exactly whats going into my soap (well almost) But at least I got to customize it to what I wanted! I can't wait till I get some lye and the rest of my soap making supplies I ordered, because I think I could make some pretty fantastic stuff!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That looks fabulous!